Ava Max has revealed that she was slapped in the face by a fan while performing in Los Angeles – leaving her with a scratch on the inside of her eye.
The singer, 29, was hit in the middle of her show in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, with footage from the incident showing her quickly recovering to continue the performance.
In a clip from the incident, Ava is seen jerking backwards after a fan hits her in the face, but quickly continues with her dance routine before exiting the stage.
Taking to Twitter, Ava told her fans: ‘He slapped me so hard that he scratched the inside of my eye. He’s never coming to a show again.
He slapped me so hard that he scratched the inside of my eye. He’s never coming to a show again 😡😡thank you to the fans for being spectacular tonight in LA though!!❤️— AVA MAX (@AvaMax) June 21, 2023
‘Thank you to the fans for being spectacular tonight in LA though!!’
Ava was quickly flooded with support from her fans, with one posting: ‘So Sorry that happened Ava We love you.’
Another added: ‘You deserve so much better,’ while a third posted: ‘I’m so sorry that this happened to you, people are so disrespectful it’s horrible.’
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE INCIDENT BELOW:
It comes just days after fellow hitmaker Bebe Rexha was hit in her face by a phone thrown by a fan while she was performing in New York City.
Rexha, a Grammy-nominated artist, had been performing and was making her way to the front of the stage when she was smacked in the face by the device.
Authorities confirmed to DailyMail.com that Malvagna been arrested and charged with assault in connection with the incident in lower Manhattan.
Seconds after the incident Rexha, a Brooklyn native, fell to her knees with her head down as multiple crew members in the wings rushed to her aid before she was taken to hospital.
Rexha was hospitaliszed and suffered ‘redness, swelling, bruising, and a laceration to her eye and substantial pain’ as result of being hit with the phone, according to police.
The fan in question, Nicolas Malvagna, was released on his own recognizance and ordered to keep his distance from the singer ahead of a court date on July 31.
‘As a fan, Mr. Malvagna’s sole intention was to have Ms. Rexha take photos with his phone, and return it as a keepsake,’ his lawyer Todd A. Spodek told Dailymail.com. ‘It was never his intention to injure Ms. Rehxa.’
Malvagna faces up to a year in custody if convicted on the charges, DA press secretary Douglas Cohen said, according to NBC News.
Fans immediately alerted security to the man who allegedly threw the phone, who was then taken away by security.
Other fans were quick to shout ‘that’s assault’ at him as he was taken away, as others started to boo and called him an ‘a**hole’.
A spokesman for the NYPD said: ‘On Sunday, June 18, 2023 at approximately 2200 hours, police were notified of an assault that occurred at the concert space of Pier 17 located at 89 South Street, within the confines of the 1st Precinct.
‘A preliminary investigation on scene determined that a 27-year-old male intentionally threw a cell phone at a 33-year-old female performer on stage, striking her about the face.
The statement continued: ‘The individual was taken into custody on scene and removed to the 1st Precinct for arrest processing. The aided female was removed by EMS to an area hospital in stable condition.’
Videos posted to Twitter showed the entertainer, whose full name is Bleta Rexha, being helped off the stage after the incident.
As she was being tended to by medics and being led behind the curtain at the venue, she gave the audience a wave.
‘This is Bebe Rexha being rushed out of the concert venue here in NYC after someone threw a f***ing phone and hit her face as she was leaving the stage,’ the Twitter user captioned the clip.
‘We were all having a hell of a good time and so was Bebe, we were all having a blast, I mean who would even do that??? We hope you’re ok @BebeRexha.’