The Pentagon “whistleblower” who claimed the US has collected alien UFOs over the years said America retrieved one such saucer from World War II Italian dictator Benito Mussolini after getting a tip from Pope Pius XII.
David Grusch, 36, an Air Force veteran and former intelligence official, claimed the “Vatican was involved” in the first-ever mission of America’s alleged top-secret UFO retrieval program.
Grusch, however, did not provide any evidence for these claims.
“1933 was the first recovery in Europe, in Magenta, Italy,” he told NewsNation Sunday. “They recovered a partially intact vehicle, and the Italian government moved it to a secure airbase in Italy until around 1944-1945”
“The Pope back-channeled that and told the Americans what the Italians had and we ended up scooping it,” Grusch said of the alleged post-war mission.
The so-called whistleblower claimed that the Vatican was “certainly” aware of alien existence and that UFO sightings over Italy during Musolini’s dictatorship were widely known.
Grusch, unfortunately, had no solid evidence for his claims, saying the documents and data were classified, but that he should be believed, regardless, because “I have the credentials, and I was an intelligence officer.”
The Vatican did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.
Grusch is a decorated combat officer who served in Afghanistan and also worked for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office.
He claimed the existence of the UFO retrieval program last week, again, offering no evidence aside from what he has allegedly been told from interviews with intelligence officers.
“I thought it was totally nuts and I thought at first I was being deceived, it was a ruse,” Grusch said of the alleged program. “People started to confide in me. Approach me.
“I have plenty of senior, former, intelligence officers that came to me, many of which I knew almost my whole career, that confided in me that they were part of a program.”
The Department of Defense has shot down Grusch’s allegations, telling The Post that the All Domain Anomaly Resolution Office — formerly the UAP task force — “has not discovered any verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently.”
AARO director Sean Kirkpatrick revealed at a public NASA meeting late last month that only a tiny fraction of the hundreds of UFO sightings reported over the past three decades are actually unexplainable.
The agency remains committed to investigating the alleged sightings and claims, including those made by Grusch.