Hundreds of people were gathered on a West Side street in Syracuse, NY early Sunday morning when gunfire erupted.
Thirteen people were shot, stabbed or hit by vehicles fleeing from the area, according to Syracuse police spokesman Lt. Matthew Malinowski.
The injured were three males and 10 females, 17 to 25 years old.
All victims are expected to survive, he said.
Around 12:22 a.m., police responded to a call of shots fired in the 100 block of Davis Street.
When police arrived, they found hundreds of people in the street. Davis Street is off of South Geddes Street.
Officers discovered people with gunshot wounds, stab wounds and others with injuries suffered when they were hit by vehicles fleeing the area after shots were fired, Malinowski said.
Victims were found on scene or later at hospitals.
Malinowski said more details on the nature of the gathering and what happened will be released later today as the investigation continues.
- 17-year-old female, gunshot wound to the hip and midsection.
- 20-year-old female, gunshot wound to the right hip.
- 20-year-old male, gunshot wound to the forearm.
- 22-year-old female, gunshot wound to the abdomen.
- 17-year-old female, laceration to the leg and arm.
- 17-year-old male, laceration to the hand.
- 19-year-old female, laceration to the head.
- 23-year-old female, laceration to the hand.
- 24-year-old female, laceration to both legs.
- 25-year-old female, multiple lacerations to the shoulder and midsection.
Hit by vehicle
- 22-year-old male, abrasions to the side and foot.
- 22-year-old female, abrasions to the midsection.
- 23-year-old female, abrasions to the side.
Police ask anyone with information to about the incident to call them at (315) 442-5200.