Dog Poop Sends Owner to the Hospital

A woman and her beloved dog became a lot closer in the most unexpected way.

Amanda Gommo, 51, was taking an afternoon nap when her chihuahua, Belle became ill and had diarrhoea.

The mom-of-three was asleep with her mouth open top and tailing with Belle who accidentally took a poo on her face.

Amanda ran to the bathroom to be sick but it was too late. She ended up in hospital with a gastrointestinal infection passed on from the pooch.

“I was having my afternoon nap with Belle, like I always do, when I suddenly felt something squirt in my mouth,” Amanda, from Bristol, UK said.

“I rushed to the bathroom and my son was in the shower, so before I washed it out I had time to take a quick snap!

“It was disgusting, and I was hurling violently for hours after – I just couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth.”

Amanda’s daughter took Belle to the vet where the dog was diagnosed with a nasty stomach bug and put on antibiotics.

Later in the day, Amanda started experiencing the same symptoms as Belle. She phoned emergency services who sent an ambulance to her home.

She was prescribed painkillers for her stomach cramps by the paramedics and instructed to drunk lots of water to flush out any potential infection.

After their visit, her symptoms became progressively worse, and 48 hours later, Amanda’s cramps had spread all over her body.

Amanda’s mum then rang emergency services who dispatched another ambulance, and this time she was transported to Bristol Royal Infirmary and immediately hooked up to a drip and given medication.

There, doctors diagnosed Amanda with a gastrointestinal infection that had been passed through Belle’s feces into her mouth days earlier.

She was kept under observation for three days while they rehydrated her with the electrolytes and glucose that she’d lost throughout the horrific ordeal.

Amanda said: “From the moment I got ill to when I was put on the drip, I couldn’t eat a thing.

“The cramps got worse and worse until I could feel them all over my body – even in my legs. They sent an ambulance the second time, and I was so dehydrated from being sick and having diarrhea that my kidneys had shriveled to half their size.”

“I was kept in hospital for three days until they’d flushed the infection out through a drip. My discharge note said that I’d suffered a gastrointestinal infection caused by a dog defecating in my mouth – something doctors had never witnessed before.”

“I’ve been drinking two Lucozades a day, plenty of tea and loads of water since it happened, and I’m happy to say both me and Belle are on the mend.”

“I’ve forgiven Belle for her little accident and I still love her with all my heart, but I will definitely be more mindful of what position we sleep in in the future!”

Original Article

2 thoughts on “Dog Poop Sends Owner to the Hospital

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: