Teen Dies After Drinking Sip of Pina Colada While on Vacation

A British teen has died while on vacation in the Costa Del Sol, Spain after taking just one sip of Pina Colada.

Shiv Mistry, 18, suffered a severe allergic reaction to the drink after it was made with dairy cream rather than coconut cream.

The high achiever, who was due to study medicine at Cambridge, had a deadly dairy allergy and went into anaphylactic shock, tragically dying soon after on 8 July.

A GoFundMe page has been set up in his memory by his uncle to raise money for Anaphylaxis UK.

The page reads: “He was in Spain with his friends to celebrate finishing his exams and looking forward to attending Claire College at Cambridge University to study Medicine later this year.

“Shiv had an allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock.

“His friends, medics and police tried to revive him, but it was not possible. Shiv has lived with a dairy allergy since he was a little boy.”

The teen’s uncle also revealed he had only recently turned 18.

Donations have flooded the site, with the original target of £1,000 blown away.

The total raised currently stands at £11,139.

Donors also left sympathetic comments, with one writing: “A super boy just turning into a wonderful young man – a tragic loss. Best wishes to his friends and family.”

Another said: “Shiv was a rare friend, who always agreed to help everyone in whichever way he could.”

Phillip Wayne, the head of the Royal Grammar School in High Wycombe, where Shiv was a pupil, paid tribute on Twitter, saying: “Shiv was a wonderful lad- kind, caring, humorous and very able. He had a place at Cambridge to study medicine. What a fine doctor he would have made.”

A memorial service for the teen took place on August 9th.

Original Article

One thought on “Teen Dies After Drinking Sip of Pina Colada While on Vacation

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: