Missing Man Found Dead in Freezer of Abandoned Pub – 10 Years After Disappearing

A missing man was found dead in an abandoned pub’s freezer… ten years after vanishing.

Roy Bigg, 67, went missing in 2012 and his body was later discovered in a derelict pub in Forest Gate, East London, last year.

Horrified builders found his remains while working at the former Simpson Pub in October and he was identified through dental records.

The building, formerly Simpson’s Wine Bar, located next to Forest Gate Police Station, had been derelict for many years.

Police are now appealing for anyone who knew Mr Bigg before he vanished to get in touch with them.

Detective Chief Inspector Kelly Allen of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command said: “We believe that Roy’s body may have been in the freezer for a number of years.

“Speaking to people who knew him will help us establish not only his lifestyle and habits, but also when he was last seen.

“If you knew Roy please do get in touch with us – his birth date was 8 September 1944, we believe he would have been aged around 70 when he died.

“It doesn’t matter if it’s been a long time since you knew him, or if you only knew him briefly, any information may be of real significance to our enquiries.

“We have released an image of Roy and hope that anyone who knew him will take the time to come forward and speak with us.

“If you don’t want to speak directly to police please contact Crimestoppers anonymously, but whatever you do, please do make the call.”

A Met police spokesman added: “Detectives investigating after the body of a man was found in a freezer at a disused pub in Newham are asking for anyone who knew him to come forward.

“Roy Bigg’s remains were discovered in a freezer at around 15:00hrs on Friday, 15 October 2021.

“The freezer was situated in the basement of the building that was formerly Simpson’s Wine Bar on Romford Road, Forest Gate.

“The body was found by builders working at the premises. Roy went missing in February 2012.

“A post-mortem examination found cause of death to be inconclusive and Roy’s remains were identified through his dental records.”

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑