Rittenhouse’s Mother Asks for Donations to Legal Fund

Kyle Rittenhouse‘s mother appealed for donors on behalf of a defense fund set up to help pay her son’s legal costs as the jury continues deliberations in his case, CNN reported.

Wendy Rittenhouse made the appeal in an email, in which she estimated that Kyle Rittenhouse’s legal costs for the month of November will amount to $110,000, according to CNN.

She called the court battle “an extremely uphill battle from the beginning” and said that her son’s team could put up a “big fight” because of the support of “thousands of our fellow Americans,” per CNN.“Both the prosecution and my son Kyle’s defense team have finished their closing arguments and I am beyond nervous,” she wrote in the email. 

“We have been but with the support of thousands of our fellow Americans we have put up a big fight,” she added. The Kyle Rittenhouse Defense Fund, also known as FreeKyleUSA, said on its Twitter account in June that it had raised $464,111 since March 1. 

According to its website, FreeKyleUSA is controlled by Wendy Rittenhouse. It sells branded Rittenhouse merchandise to raise funds. Kyle Rittenhouse is currently being tried on five separate counts, including first degree intentional homicide, after fatally shooting two men and wounding a third at a Black Lives Matter protest in Kenosha, Wisc., last year. 

In an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity last week, Wendy Rittenhouse said that President Biden, then a presidential candidate, defamed her son last year by implying he was a white supremacist. 

“When I saw that, I was in shock. I was angry. President Biden don’t know my son whatsoever and he’s not a white supremacist. He’s not a racist. He did that for the votes,” she said.  

Kyle Rittenhouse’s attorneys have argued in court that the teen acted in self defense. He selected the final jurors who will decide his verdict from a raffle tumbler on Tuesday. The jurors entered deliberations in the trial that morning.

Original Article: https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/581799-rittenhouses-mother-asks-for-donations-to-legal-fund

Police Pull Over Speeding Car, Realize Driver Is Sex Trafficking Victim

Early this morning at approximately 2:15 a.m. local time, Michigan State Police pulled over a speeding driver who turned out to be a victim of sex trafficking.

According to police, when they pulled the driver over, she gave troopers a false name and did not have any identification. In a statement, police said that after further investigation, they identified the driver as a 15-year-old missing person from Jackson County, Michigan.

Police said she was driving a black Dodge Charger on a road near the Detroit border.

The teenager was reported missing on September 25 and was considered “missing/runaway” according to police. While police were driving the girl to the station to be picked up by family, she told them she was a victim of sex trafficking and believed she may be pregnant.

Authorities then brought the 15-year-old girl to a local hospital to undergo a medical examination.

“Troopers were able to obtain several more details and believe she was trafficked in the city of Detroit,” police said in a statement on Twitter. “Detectives from the Metro North Post are continuing to investigate.”

After she is examined by medical professionals, she will be returned home to her family. Police have not yet located her traffickers but are still investigating.

In 2020, the Department of Homeland Security opened 947 cases related to human trafficking. Of those, the Department of Justice opened formally opened 663 investigations. Approximately 619 of those investigations involved “predominately sex trafficking.”

The DOJ had a total of 210 federal human trafficking prosecutions in 2020 and charged 337 defendants. Although the numbers seem high, there were significant decreases in 2020 compared to 2019.

In October, Newsweek reported on a human trafficking sting in Florida that resulted in the arrest of 102 people.

The sting operation, dubbed “Operation No Tricks No Treats,” began on October 20 and involved a six-day undercover operation. According to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, they utilized online advertisements to “arrange meetings between undercover detectives and suspects.”

“The primary purpose for these operations is to identify victims of human trafficking and those who prey on the victims,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in a statement. “As well as the deviant child predators who stalk children online.”

During the operation, police issued 29 felonies and 143 midemeanors. Among the arrests were two child predators. Police were also able to rescue a 17-year-old and two women in their 20’s who they believed were victims of human trafficking, WFLA reported.

Original Article: Police Pull Over Speeding Car, Realize Driver Is Sex Trafficking Victim

Fox News Hosts Mocked After Blunder Involving Netflix Show “You”

Two Fox News hosts are going viral for a blunder involving the TV show You.

Laura Ingraham was presenting her conservative news and opinion-based talk show The Ingraham Angle, when contributor Raymond Arroyo mentioned the Netflix show starring Penn Badgley.

Complaining about “woke” television, he referred to an episode of the serial killer drama in a segment titled: “Numbers don’t lie: viewers like woke-free TV.”

He was discussing a storyline in the latest season involving lead character Joe (Badgley) and his baby son, who contracts measles from an unvaccinated family.

In the clip, Arroyo mentions that “in You… measles came up”. Ingraham looks confused and replies: “Wait wait wait, when did I mention measles?”

Arroyo replies: “It was on You,” to which a bemused Ingraham says: “What was on me? What are you talking about? I never had the measles.”

When Arroyo tries to point out that a “vaccine episode was on You”, Ingraham, laughing in confusion, says: “We never did a measles and vaccine episode. Is this a joke?”

Arroyo, growing fustrated, firmly responds: “It was on You!” to which Ingraham says: “Raymond, I’ve never had measles – what are you talking about? Are you stupid?”

Hoping to clear up the matter, Arroyo says: “It was an episode of a show.” When Ingraham asks what the show was called, he bellows: “You! It’s a show called You on Netflix.”

Ingraham then asks: “There’s a show called Laura Ingraham on Netflix?”

Arroyo eventually gives up, saying: “I can’t explain this to you.”

The video was shared widely on Twitter and TikTok after being broadcast, with many sending up Ingraham for her inability understand what Arroyo was talking about..

Many have lampooned the hosts, with some branding the gaffe hilarious”, and others calling it “embarrassing”.

Others drew comparisons to the Who’s on First?, the comedy routine made famous by Abbott and Costello whereby Abbott identifies players on a baseball team that are being interpreted as non-responsive answers to Costello’s questons.

Original Article: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/fox-news-laura-ingraham-you-b1958565.html

Newlywed axed to death during ritual after turning to black magic to save marriage

A bridegroom has been killed with an axe after an occult ritual ended in a violent argument.

Anton Shabanov, 33, an engineer, had turned to black magic to fix his failed marriage after his wife, Lyubov, 29, left him only one year after their initial wedding, reports the Russian Investigative Committee.

The newlywed had split and lived separately which caused much upset for Anton.

Shockingly he went to convicted fraudster Nikolay Ivanov, 32, to perform a ritual involving burying the possessions of the couple in a nearby forest.

As the ritual commenced, Ivanov ridiculed the other man as well as insulting his estranged wife, a court heard. The split from his wife had caused Anton much heartbreak

A fight between Ivanov and Anton had begun when Ivanov grabbed an axe and killed the groom, striking him in the head and neck.

He later fled the scene of the crime, leaving the dead body covered in branches.

He was later detained by police and confessed to the killing of Anton.

A court jailed Ivanov for nine and a half years and was ordered to pay £20,700 in damages.

A friend of the deceased, Anton, was shocked to hear he had turned to black magic.

He said: “They did not divorce but had been living separately.

“Naturally he was upset, but I cannot imagine he would be involved in rites to bring her back.” Anton with his wife after they got married

But the Russian Investigative Committee. stated: “The court established that a local resident, wishing to restore relations with his wife, decided to resort to an occult ritual.

“To perform the ceremony, he needed to bury their personal belongings in a deserted place outside the city.”

The statement said that “while digging a pit (Ivanov) spoke negatively about this ceremony and the victim’s wife, as a result of which a quarrel arose between the men”.

This is what resulted in the fight escalating, which ultimately lead to the death of the Astrakhan resident, Anton, after being struck multiple times by Ivanov with an axe.

The Privolzhsky District Court in Astrakhan sentenced the murderer to a “strict regime” penal colony.

Original Article: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/newlywed-axed-death-during-ritual-25468469

Mnuchin, Pompeo Really Did Plan to Remove Trump after Jan. 6 According to New Book

Top aides to former President Trump mulled a plan to use the 25th Amendment to remove him from office after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, according to a new book.

ABC News’s Jonathan Karl writes in “Betrayal” that then-Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin spoke with other Cabinet members including then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about attempting to remove Trump from office through the 25th Amendment, according to excerpts published by MSNBC.

Karl, during an interview with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” early Monday, said Pompeo “asked for a legal analysis of the 25th Amendment and how it would work,” but the idea was “quickly jettisoned” the next day once the officials recognized how difficult the path for such an effort would be, namely as then-Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and then-Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao were resigning.

“It would not be quick enough and it would be subject to legal challenges,” Karl said on MSNBC.

“But in the hours after the riot, there were high-level conversations about this,” he emphasized.

Karl attributes the reporting to “a source familiar with the conversations” and told the MSNBC hosts that his story is “rock solid.”

He said that despite multiple attempts to get in touch with Pompeo or Mnuchin to confirm the story, he had not received any communication until he brought up the story to Trump.

During their final interview for the book, Karl asked the former president why the two men would not deny the story if it wasn’t true.

Karl told the MSNBC hosts that a few hours after that interview, he received the statement through Pompeo’s spokesperson, Rolling Stone reports.

“Pompeo through a spokesman denied there have ever been conversations around invoking the 25th Amendment,” according to Rolling Stone.

Reports surfaced in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol that administration officials discussed the possibility of invoking the 25th Amendment, but it did not come to fruition. Instead, the House impeached the president for a second time days after the rioting, and the president ran out his term from the White House.

He was ultimately acquitted by the Senate.

Original Article: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/581688-mnuchin-pompeo-mulled-plan-to-use-25th-amendment-to-remove-trump

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑