Man Presumed Dead Woke Up And Screamed As Blood Was About To Be Drained

man who was presumed to be dead was whisked off to a morgue and it was only as his blood was about to be drained from his body that he woke up screaming.

Hospital staff were just about to begin the process of embalming Peter Kigen when he regained consciousness after someone sliced his leg open.

And we think our alarms are bad, eh?

Mr Kigen, who is from Kenya, had been pronounced dead four hours prior. He had originally collapsed with what was believed to have been a ‘stomach ailment’.

His family rushed him to hospital back in November 2020 and they were given the devastating news that he’d passed away long before getting to hospital.

Credit: KTN News
Credit: KTN News

Mr Kigen’s uncle Denis Langat claims his nephew regained consciousness and ‘wailed in pain’ after the mortuary staff made an incision in his leg to start the embalming process, Citizen TV reports.

Speaking about what had happened, Mr Kigen’s brother explained: “The nurse later handed me a document to take to the mortuary attendant before my brother’s body was moved to the morgue.

“The mortician called me into the morgue, and we saw him make movements. We were shocked.

“We could not understand how they could move a person who is still alive into the mortuary.”

Speaking to reporters from his hospital bed, Kigen said: “I cannot believe what just happened. How did they establish that I was dead?

“I did not even know where I was when I regained consciousness, but I thank God for sparing my life. I will serve him for the rest of my life.”

But according to the medical chief of the hospital, Gilbert Cheruiyot, the family didn’t even wait for his death certificate, instead whisking him off to the morgue.

Dr Cheruiyot said: “They moved him to the mortuary, on their own.”

He said that doctors had been treating other patients.

He added: “They asked Kigen’s relatives to give them some time, but they accused the clinicians of taking too much time and decided to take him to the mortuary.

“It was while the mortician was getting ready to embalm his body that she noticed some signs of life.

“The patient was later taken to the ward and is responding well to treatment. We hope to discharge him in a few days.”

He took the opportunity to urge families to follow correct protocol.

He said: “Before a body is moved the mortuary, it has to be certified by a clinician.

“In Kigen’s case, we can only say he was lucky, especially because of our qualified mortician who checked him before making any move.”

Original Article:

Leave a Reply

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: